The Housing Authority of the City & County of San Francisco continues working diligently to ensure that essential services are provided
while following the Department of Public Health's directive to limit any exposure due to COVID-19.To meet customer needs, the Authority,
like other City and County of San Francisco departments, has taken immediate action.
If you have any further questions, please e-mail customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have made the following updates to our office’s services:
- No Visits at the Housing Authority Office
o Due to COVID-19, we are not currently accepting visits at our office. However, you may drop off documents at our office (1815 Egbert Avenue) by using the drop box outside the main entrance. You can also fax documents to us at (415) 820-1586 or e-mail them to email@example.com.
- In complying with the Department of Public Health's recommendations, we are operating with minimum staffing onsite until the mayor issues further executive orders.
- Due to reduced staffing, we are focusing on requests for immediate needs. Our priorities are:
o Interim recertification requests for rent reductions
o Emergency moves due to your home being uninhabitable
o Inspections for new move-ins
- You may request any of these services or submit a Request for Tenancy Approval in any of these ways: o E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive a response within 48 hours of receipt
o Fax to (415) 820-1586
o Mail to HCV Program, 1815 Egbert Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124
o Place in the drop box at the front door of 1815 Egbert Avenue
- Call Center Remains Staffed: (415) 715-5200
o Our call center is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. to assist you with your questions and provide continued needed service. We expect longer than normal hold times because of a high volume of calls. We are committed to answering your call as quickly as possible and will continue to monitor our wait times to ensure we are answering calls within a reasonable timeframe.
Please follow the tips below to stay safe:
- Wear a mask when you're out in public
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your face
- Minimize outdoor contact
- Maintain at least 6 feet of space from others when in public
Community Support Resources:
- Special Education Guidance: The California Department of Education, complying with Governor Newsom's March 13th executive order, has issued guidance related to COVID-19 on several topics, including support for students with disabilities. The guide and FAQs can be found online.
- Smart Money Coaching: is available to anyone living, working or receiving services in San Francisco. Our dedicated service providers have transitioned services to phone and video appointments. To schedule an appointment, call (877) 256-0073. For seniors and adults with disabilities, call (628) 999-5871.
- Diaper bank locations and their hours may be found here: http://www.sfdiaperbank.org/locations. To receive diapers from the diaper bank, participants must be enrolled in CalWorks or CalFresh.
- Filing for Unemployment, Disability, or Paid Family Leave: California's Employment Development Department provides a variety of support services to workers affected by COVID-19. This includes:
o Workers with reduced or eliminated hours may file an Unemployment Insurance claim.
o Those sickened or quarantined due to COVID-19 can file a Disability Insurance claim.
o Those caring for an ill or quarantined loved one can file a Paid Family Leave Claim.
- All claims can be filed online. Links to the online claim forms and FAQs can be found here.
Other COVID-19 Resource Sites
For any questions on any of these documents, please e-mail our customer care office at email@example.com