The Housing Authority of the City and County of San Francisco (Authority) is opening its online waitlist application process for the Mainstream preference for the Housing Choice Voucher program. **The SFHA will accept up to 500 applications for this preference at which time the online waitlist will close.**
In order to apply:
- At least one person in the household must be non – elderly (18 to 61 years at the time of admission) and disabled AND
- Homeless OR
- Transitioning out of an institutional facility or other segregated setting OR
- At serious risk of institutionalization
Total household income must not exceed the following:
|FAMILY SIZE||VERY LOW - 50% of AMI|
An applicant (and all members of the family, if applicable) must:
- Qualify as an individual or family as defined by the Authority.
- Have a head of household that is at least 18 years of age at the time of this waitlist application or be a minor legally emancipated by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with California law.
- Have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provide documentation of social security numbers or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status. One member of the applicant family must be a U.S Citizen, U.S. National or Non-Citizen with Eligible Immigration status at the time the voucher is issued to be eligible for assistance.
An applicant/applicant family must not:
- Have ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Owe rent or other amounts to the San Francisco Housing Authority (or any other public housing authority). Assistance will not be offered until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
How to Apply:
**Waitlist applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY beginning September 29, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. to October 13, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PST OR when 500 applications have been received, whichever comes first.
Before you begin the waitlist application process, please have available the names, social security numbers (if available), and dates of birth of all family members. You will also need the gross annual income of all family members. Make sure you have access to a printer, e-mail or have paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number!
- Complete the waitlist application using any device with internet access at https://sfha.myhousing.com.
- Review all information to make sure you have entered the requested information correctly!
- Submit your application.
- Print or save the online confirmation number. You can either print, e-mail or write this number down with pen and paper.
(Paper waitlist applications will NOT be accepted)
The San Francisco Public Library has free community computers that may be used to fill out this paperless waitlist application! Call 311 for locations of libraries and operating hours or go to www.sfpl.org.
Contact the Authority with any questions!
For questions, please contact the Authority's Customer Care Center Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm:
Maintaining Your Status on the Waitlist
You will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income, or family size, you must notify us via e-mail (email@example.com) or by phone at (415) 715-5200 within 10 business days of the change.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Once 500 applications have been received, the waitlist period will automatically close. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of their application.
The content in this announcement is subject change without notice at any time. The waitlist applicant is non-transferable and does not administer nor guarantee housing assistance.
We have made the following updates to our office’s services:
- No Visits at the Housing Authority Office