San Francisco Housing Authority
About the Community
Senior Resource Directory
Rosa Parks was completely renovated in 1984, and at that time was turned into senior housing. The complex is composed of one apartment building and another building that is leased to the Parks & Recreation Department that houses the Senior Recreation Center. The site is relatively flat and is bordered on three sides by city streets and on the fourth by a pedestrian mall. The site is completely enclosed within welded steel security fencing. The building is situated in the center of the site with the main entry from the north, while the Senior Recreation Center is located in the southeast corner of the property. Paved pedestrian areas with benches enclose the landscaped grounds. Some are protected by overhead trellises. A covered area in the front connects the building to the street. There are two parking lots on the north side.
- Number of Units: 198 (Studio 19, 1Bedrooms 100, 2Bedroom 77, 4Bedrooms 2)
- Rents are based on the greater of 30% of monthly adjusted income,($25 minimum rent); Flat Rent(varies by property as determined by market survey).
- North District Police Station
- Margaret S. Hayward Playground
- Bus Lines 5, 21, 31, 38 and 38L
The San Francisco Housing Authority © 2012
1815 Egbert Avenue, San Francisco, California 94124 (415)-715-3280
Property Office Contact Information: