Emergency Housing Voucher Opportunity!
The Housing Authority of the City and County of San Francisco (Authority) has been awarded 906 Emergency Housing Vouchers (EHVs). The Authority is coordinating with the San Francisco Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH) to implement this program. This gives us an exciting opportunity to move more San Franciscans experiencing and facing homelessness into permanent housing!
EHVs are designed to lease units on the private market, and the Authority will cover a portion of a voucher holder’s rent based on income. The program is referral based, meaning you cannot apply for the EHV program with the Authority. HSH will be responsible for referring eligible families to the Authority.
EHV assistance is limited to families and individuals who meet ONE of the following criteria:
If you believe you meet one of these criteria you can fill out HSH’s Eligibility Screener here: hsh.sfgov.org/services/the-homelessness-response-system/housing/ehv. The HSH Eligibility Screener will be open between December 15th 2021 and January 20st 2022. After the HSH Eligibility Screener closes, staff from the HSH will reach out to a limited number of people. If you are contacted, HSH will confirm your eligibility and invite you to complete an application in-person starting in February 2022.
To find out more about the program and HSH’s referral process please click here: hsh.sfgov.org/services/the-homelessness-response-system/housing/ehv
No Visits at the Housing Authority Office
Due to COVID-19, we are not currently accepting visits at our office. However, you may drop off documents at our office (1815 Egbert Avenue) by using the drop box outside the main entrance. You can also fax documents to us at (415) 820-1586 or e-mail them to email@example.com.
– In complying with the Department of Public Health’s recommendations, we are operating with minimum staffing onsite until the mayor issues further executive orders.
– Due to reduced staffing, we are focusing on requests for immediate needs. Our priorities are:
– You may request any of these services or submit a Request for Tenancy Approval in any of these ways: o E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive a response within 48 hours of receipt
– Call Center Remains Staffed: (415) 715-5200
– Wear a mask when you’re out in public
– Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
– Avoid touching your face
– Minimize outdoor contact
– Maintain at least 6 feet of space from others when in public
– Special Education Guidance: The California Department of Education, complying with Governor Newsom’s March 13th executive order, has issued guidance related to COVID-19 on several topics, including support for students with disabilities. The guide and FAQs can be found online.
– Smart Money Coaching: is available to anyone living, working or receiving services in San Francisco. Our dedicated service providers have transitioned services to phone and video appointments. To schedule an appointment, call (877) 256-0073.
– Diaper bank locations and their hours may be found here: http://www.sfdiaperbank.org/locations. To receive diapers from the diaper bank, participants must be enrolled in CalWorks or CalFresh.
– Filing for Unemployment, Disability, or Paid Family Leave: California’s Employment Development Department provides a variety of support services to workers affected by COVID-19. This includes: