Mission: The mission of the Housing Authority of the City and County of San Francisco is to deliver safe and decent housing for low-income households and integrate economic opportunity for residents.
Vision: To ensure that every individual and family served by the Authority, especially our low-income people and people of color, have access to a range of affordable, healthy, and safe housing, where they have a shared commitment and equal ability to shape the future of their communities.
- Embracing Transformation: We remain committed to our transition from being a direct provider of housing vouchers and public housing programs to a high-performing contract management and performance monitoring organization, ensuring compliance with HUD requirements and consistency with city requirements.
- Fiscal Sustainability: We are committed to transparent short-term and long-term financial planning and data-driven analysis to better inform future decisions and policies to maximize housing subsidies.
- Excellent Customer Service: We are committed to ensuring that our stakeholders are served with superior customer service and to ensure that our services are always accessible to the communities we serve.
- Organizational Stability: We are committed to building a strong succession planning model and culture that promotes knowledge transfer, regular evaluation, and ongoing professional development.
- Community Building: Through partnerships and collaborations with peer Public Housing Agencies, city departments, and community-based organizations, we are committed to providing ongoing support to vulnerable households to address housing and community needs and implement data-driven and innovative solutions.
- Racial Equity: We are committed to the prioritization of racial equity in the workplace and our community through ongoing policy analysis and development, training, data collection, and most importantly, strong accountability measures for tracking implementation, progress, effectiveness, and reporting.
- Community Empowerment: We are committed to developing programs that foster economic mobility, homeownership, and financial empowerment.